Thursday, February 5, 2009

All I Can Say is "Wow!"

Sean got me reading this book that has totally opened my eyes! It's called "The Secret." I'm sure some of you are rolling your eyes. Yes, this book has been around and there's even a movie or DVD about it. I can't believe that I'm just now discovering it. And I hate to admit this, I started reading it rather grudgingly. It took me away from my knitting and other creative pursuits (snort).

Sean, baby, I can't thank you enough.

It's funny how books that he's gotten me to read have really done wonders for me - - Body Rx by Dr. Scott Connelly and now The Secret - - I've lost over 30 lbs and now I know the secret. Wow.
I recommend BOTH books. Oh yeah, Franklin Habit's "It Itches" is HILARIOUS! I totally saw myself in a lot of those cartoons. Thank you Patti.

Okay, so about Twig's socks - I picked up for the gusset and I'm not happy about it. I did something pretty ugly right around the heel flap. And on the gusset I picked up 14 stitches on one side and only 13 on the other. I am sure that if my anal-retentive sister read this she would make me rip back tonight at Borders, and do it over again. I can see her now, pursing her lips and telling me that I can't be sloppy. Even though Twig wouldn't ever know, I would know that it's wrong. Ay yay yay. Dang it - - it sounds like I'm chastising myself instead of just waiting. I know it's coming. I won't steal her joy. I'll just let her look it over and find the mistake herself. Does that make me evil? Nah. We'll see tonight!

No comments: