Monday, February 23, 2009

OMG I Love the Internet

LOL, I know that makes me sound like an idiot, but it's totally true. It made my life so much easier today and saved me some gas too. I hate going places alone when I don't exactly know where I'm going and today I didn't have to all because of the internet. See, I am one of the many jobless people in this world and I was totally dreading going down to the local EDD office. I found their website and applied for benefits online. Yes friends, I googled. Oh and please don't worry about me becoming a recluse with too many cats - - I love socializing way too much to go there. Yes, I do have too many cats, but that's another story.

Back to the joblessness - - I used to think that there couldn't be anything worse than losing one's job until I lost mine. Amazingly enough, I am not overcome with despair or suicidal over it. I am actually looking forward to doing something different. Something I am better suited for, something great. I guess I had fallen into a rut of complacency, content to just put in my 8 hours and collect my check every other Friday. I used to sit there like a veal in a box - - waiting on customer after customer and now.... What lies next for Lisa?

On the personal side, I am going to be a grandma! Uh yeah, I'm waaaaaayyyy too young to be a grandma, but that's what I get for having kids so young and now they're grown and well you know what comes next. So my baby girl is having a baby - - I'm going to support her one hundred percent! I love her and I will love her husband and baby too. Oh yeah, she's got a list of things I must knit for the baby - - better go get started! I have until October!

No comments: