Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A.D.D. Who Me?

This is not and I repeat not an admittance of guilt but in the immortal words of the magic 8 Ball, all signs point to yes. Am I talking about Twig's socks? Yes. I started them with hopes of completing a pair and seeing them on her little tootsies. Will I finish them? Will I take that little project bag out again and tear back the error -ridden gusset and start that section over? Will Twig see these socks ever? Will I restore my beloved sister's faith in my knitting abilities? Wait a minute, back up there, she is aware of my knitting abilities, what she is also aware of is my painful inability to stay focused on one particular project.

What the hell am I doing up at 2-something in the morning? Is it the siren song of my socks calling out to me that brought me out of some pretty delicious REM sleep? Was it my drooling, kneading cat, Cookie? Or maybe Trudy's snoring? Whatever it was, I am sitting here typing and not knitting. But I must say this in my defense. I am the proud owner of not one, but two newly-knitted dishcloths. Go me! Oh yeah, speaking of knitted dishcloths, there was this pattern on Ravelry....

No comments: