Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's 2009!

You're probably thinking "Yeah, thank you Captain Obvious!" But it just hit me, I mean, really hit me. It's 2009! I never thought I'd live to see it - not that I'm old or sick or anything. I just figured that our sun would go supernova on us or something. Whoa, that comes from being forced to watch my sister's favorite Sci-fi shows because she totally monopolized the tv and remote control when we were growing up. She STILL does it, btw. Yeah Sissy, I'm talking about you.
Mmm hmm it's 2009 and I'm pretty upset that we don't have flying cars like the Jetson's. (Even though I do my best to make my little blue Civic fly.) And speaking of that - - it's January and I'm really hoping to break my Speeding Ticket Curse. You see, Leadfoot Lisa has gotten a speeding ticket every January for like the last 3 or 4 years. This year I hope to break the curse. Somebody knock wood for me, please.
I'd like to talk about resolutions, but I didn't make any. Do you find that as odd as I do? Why didn't I? Do not think for a minute that I think I'm perfect and don't need to improve myself, cuz believe me, I know my shortcomings. I could resolve to lose weight and get in shape, but I've been working out and eating reasonably well since June when Summer left for Boot Camp. I've lost 35 pounds and still could lose more. And like I said in my profile, Body Rx changed my life.
I could resolve to quit drinking alcohol altogether, but that is just insane. I would break it.
So here I sit complaining about the world not having flying cars instead of finding ways to break my New Year's resolutions. Hey, maybe I'll finish a knitting project or two...

No comments: