Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Step Toward Normalcy

Did I really say "normalcy"? What is that anyway?
Dictionary.com says that normalcy is "
being within certain limits that define the range of normal functioning." Okay, I accept that. Normal functioning for me IS my short attention span, my affinity for size US 7 knitting needles, my insane love for my car and my golf clubs, and most importantly my SNB. That's right, Chicks, I'm talking about you.
After nearly 2 weeks without hanging with my peeps (lol, I can picture Summer rolling her eyes) I made it to Beverly's last night. Boy did it feel good. Of course, the girls made it seem like the return of the prodigal son (me), but whatever, I was knitting! And of course, I had to sit next to the world's most prolific knitter, Jane and pet her sweater. All is right again.
Except I can't seem to convince Cupcake (also known as C.C.) and Cookie of that - - they're not sure what to make of Trudy. True she does walk around on all fours like they, but is she really worthy? Does she have the juice to rule the roost? In case you didn't know, C.C. and Cookie are my cats. The cutest and in Cookie's case, most mischievous cats in the county.
Oh, but back to Jane. She's a fast knitter and she wears her knits. She has made some awesome sweaters, tops, you name it, she's knit it. I knit a sweater too - - the Sweater from Hell, as the Chicks have all heard me call it. It's not really from Hell, it's beautiful. Summer wore it twice and now it hangs (the horror) in her closet. I don't know why she can't wear it, it's green! Actually it's the Central Park Hoodie from Interweave, and baby, it's beautiful and fits her like a glove. I didn't think I was one to rest on my laurels, but apparently I am. I haven't finished a project since. Wait, back up, I've knit scarves, but that's it.
I have an excuse - - my life has taken a drastic turn. Yeah, I didn't want to mention it again, but divorce has taken a toll. Not to mention my new obsession - - golf! Yeah, I'm still waiting to go and swing that new club Amber got me for Christmas. I don't care what the weather is like, I'm thinking there's no better way to spend a Sunday now that my Bears are out of Super Bowl contention.

No comments: