Monday, December 1, 2008

Not ALL dogs look good in sweaters

After checking out the internet for sweater patterns for dogs and my sisters VAST library and not getting anywhere, I guess I have to face it - - Trudy is a plus-size dog. I don't think I could knit a sweater that would be very flattering. And that's okay because she doesn't really go outdoors much anyway. Trudy's idea of roughing it is when we wash the cover to her dog bed and she has to lay on the bare floor.

Isn't it ironic that two people who are actively involved in just about everything have a dog that is more a part of the furniture than a pet? Maybe it's a better fit than we thought. She waits patiently for us and is not demanding of our already scarce time. All she asks of us is a warm bed (most of the time it's our bed she's layin' in which drives me nuts) and food. And what does she give back? Unconditional love.

And it's because of this love from a plus-size dog that I'm going back to surf the net for the perfect sweater pattern for my precious Trudy.

No comments: